Saturday 12 April 2014

3. Alfredo Sauce



This recipe was inspired by some sad looking mushrooms in the fridge.
Yesterday I had been browsing through Suzy Bowler's brilliant blog when I saw this recipe for Alfredo Sauce.
I had all the ingredients in my fridge except black garlic so used plain old garlic.
I also added some chives from the garden and served it on a toasted Olive Roll that I found lurking in the back of the freezer.
Delicious.

Alfredo Sauce with Mushrooms

15g butter
1 tbsp Parmesan Cheese
80ml double cream
2 cloves of garlic
salt and pepper
handful of quartered mushrooms
1 tbsp Olive Oil
Sprinkling of chives

Method

Gently heat butter, cheese, cream and garlic in a pan.
In a separate pan saute garlic in olive oil.
When the sauce is melted and the mushrooms are golden brown mix together and pour over toasted bread.

Suzy also suggests using it as a pasta sauce.
I was so impressed with Suzy's blog that I bought her book, The Leftovers Handbook which I recommend to all my students.